Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The shower is leaking.

After yesterday's revelation that I waste about a bucket full of water every day in my shower (but no more! I'm catching that water in a bucket and using it to flush the toilet), today to my dismay I found out just how much water the shower is leaking every day.

I left the bucket in the shower all day, with the shower head inside it. We know the shower has a bit of a leak. My husband, who is a pretty handy guy, has repaired it several times but there is just a tiny nagging drip we can't get rid of.

That tiny nagging drip filled the bucket.

I don't know whether we can ever properly fix that drip, but for now I'll leave the bucket in place and get a second one to catch the shower water.

It feels like one step forward and one step back today, but with two pails, I'll be two steps ahead every day.

No comments: